Cradle to Cradle Design | Cradle to Cradle Materials Library | Workshops
Material Assessment & Certification | Product Development
Given today’s demands for more socially and environmentally conscious products and materials, it is important for companies to positively define their global impact and be leaders in environmental
Recognizing the value of each other’s expertise, Material ConneXion has joined forces with the founders of
Cradle to Cradle design, MBDC and EPEA to create a global platform for developing innovative, sustainable
and Cradle to Cradle materials and products. Together, we offer specific knowledge in sustainable material
solutions and practices, objective design recommendations, and a breadth of worldwide experience across
- Product Innovation
- Product and Brand Differentiation
- Increased Competitive Advantage
- Cost reduction
- Liability and Risk Management
- Lifetime Customer Relationships
- Tangible Social Responsiblity
Cradle to Cradle Design
- “A unified philosophy that—in demonstrable and practical ways—is changing the design of the world” - TIME
Cradle to Cradle Design defines a framework for designing eco-effective products and industrial processes that turn materials into nutrients by enabling the formation of cyclical material flow metabolisms.
Instead of designing cradle-to-grave products, dumped in landfills at the end of their ‘life,’ the design paradigm transforms industry by creating products for cradle-to-cradle cycles, whose materials are perpetually circulated in closed loops.
Products optimized for the biological metabolism are termed biological nutrients (e.g. plant-based and biodegradable materials), and are intended for safe return to the environment as nutrients for living things. Products optimized for the technical metabolism are termed technical nutrients (e.g. metals and some polymers), and are intended to circulate in closed-loop industrial cycles.
Cradle to Cradle Workshops:
Cradle to Cradle Materials
Looking for Cradle to Cradle materials?
• Material ConneXion’s libraries are renowned for providing cutting-edge sustainable material solutions.
• Our material libraries host over 4,000 materials and are continuously evolving, adding 40 new materials a month.
• Material ConneXion is proud to be the only materials library in the world to offer Cradle to Cradle material options.
Interested in developing sustainable products but not sure where to start?
Our team of specialists will lead you in a customized workshop that gives you:
• Material intelligence relative to sustainability
• Elements to consider while adopting an eco-strategy
• The differences between various sustainable approaches
• An overview in global certifications
• Cradle to Cradle in focus
• Industry-specific case studies
• Cradle to Cradle material selections for your industry
• Interactive Design Session
Material Assessment & Certification:
How does your material measure up?
Through an information gathering and scientific research process, Material Assessment provides you with direct, actionable feedback on how to maximize the quality and value of your materials:
• Accurate, credible claims about your product’s sustainability
• Areas for improvement in relation to Cradle to Cradle design
• Expanded performance requirements for suppliers
Certify your material or product!
Cradle to Cradle Certification:
• Benchmarks the size of the environmental footprint of your product
• Charts and realizes continuous improvement over time
• Provides companies with a new marketing and selling tool.
All Cradle to Cradle-certified products bear the Cradle to Cradle certification mark
Material & Product Development:
Do you want to develop ecologically-intelligent, sustainable products?
Using our combined knowledge in sustainable materials and product development processes, we will work one-on-one with you, from start to finish, in the development of a particular innovative, sustainable product:
• Brainstorming sessions
• Specific cutting-edge material selections
• Assessment and Certification