On November 1, 2018, Material ConneXion’s EVP of Research, Dr. Andrew Dent, was honored by the DFA Awards of Hong Kong Design Center, awarding their prestigious DFA Design Leadership Award for his role in helping Material ConneXion clients build sustainable products.
The DFA Design Leadership Award is presented to a corporate leader who consistently demonstrates outstanding business performance and leadership, whilst supporting the development of design in his organization and the international community through strategic and innovative design solutions.
About DFA Awards
In 2003, the Hong Kong Design Centre launched the DFA Awards to underpin the role of designers in society, to celebrate design excellence with impact in Asia and for Asia, as well as to recognize the rising force of emerging designers in Hong Kong through its five-major award programs:
- The DFA Lifetime Achievement Award signifies the design community’s respect for individuals who have made life-long contributions to design profession, education and the society
- The DFA Design Leadership Award recognizes business leaders who create exceptional sustainable business success through strategic and innovative use of design
- The DFA World’s Outstanding Chinese Designer is a major accolade for designers of Chinese origin with significant design achievement and international recognition
- The DFA Design for Asia Awards covers a wide range of design that embodies Asian aesthetics and culture and influences the design trends in Asia and for Asia
- The DFA Hong Kong Young Design Talent Award nurtures the development of local emerging designers and provides sponsorship for them to undertake work or further education overseas.
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) was founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. HKDC continues its public mission to promote wider and strategic use of design and design thinking to create business value and improve societal well-being. Our initiatives are anchored by five major work directions: CONNECT, CELEBRATE, NURTURE, ADVANCE and ENGAGE. HKDC’s flagship programs include:
- Business of Design Week, since 2002 – Asia’s leading annual conference and event on Design, Innovation and Brands
- DFA Awards, since 2003) – a widely recognized design awards that celebrates outstanding designs with Asian perspectives
- Design Incubation Program, since 2012, and Fashion Incubation Program, since 2016 – 2-year incubation programs to nurture future design and fashion entrepreneurs
- FASHION ASIA HONGKONG, since 2016 – a fashion initiative combining conversations, interactions and cultural exchanges to energize the city’s image, and position it as an Asian hub for fashion trade and business development
- Knowledge of Design Week, since 2006 – an annual thematic design knowledge sharing platform that explores how design can solve complex challenges of our society
Learn more at HKDesignCentre.org →
We'e sorry that this content was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Please tell us how we can improve... or what you would have liked to see?